Question:
Why do hotdogs come in packs of 10 and buns come in packs of 8?
plazarch
2005-12-09 10:40:25 UTC
Why do hotdogs come in packs of 10 and buns come in packs of 8?
Three answers:
Socrates
2005-12-09 11:52:12 UTC
"you get ten hot dogs and eight buns per package because meat packers like things that come in pounds and bakers hate things that come in tens."

According the information from the link below it is because bakers like to deal with quantities of 4,6,8,12, etc because it leads to compact packing.

"three rows of four, two rows of three, two slabs of two by two (e.g., hamburger buns), and so on."
Rikhei
2005-12-09 10:49:49 UTC
[Disclaimer: This is not a serious answer.] To quote the character George Banks from the 1991 version of the film The Father of the Bride:

"Because some big-shot over at the wiener company got together with some big-shot over at the bun company and decided to rip off the American public. Because they think the American public is a bunch of trusting nit-wits who will pay for everything they don't need rather than make a stink. Well they're not ripping of this nitwit anymore because I'm not paying for one more thing I don't need. George Banks is saying NO!"
Gamma986
2005-12-09 10:52:23 UTC
Marketing plan to get you to buy more than you need of a product