Question:
How to pronounce beignets and cafe al lait and cafe du monde?
2010-03-18 13:35:53 UTC
I'm going to Nawlins tomorrow and I don't want to look like a jackass for not pronouncing this stuff right.
Six answers:
Tom ツ
2010-03-18 13:38:26 UTC
Beignets: BEN-yea

Cafe au lait: calf - aaa - oh - lay

Cafe du monde: calf - aaa - do - mohn

Color me jealous
2015-08-07 03:14:17 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

?
2016-09-29 10:18:35 UTC
Beignets Pronunciation
Dave C
2010-03-18 13:50:54 UTC
beignets = Bin - Yay

cafe au lait = Calf-fay awe Lay

cafe du monde = calf-fay do (rhymes with "to") Mond (rhymes with "pond")

New Orleans = New Or-leens.

Nawlins is tourist speak.

Another thing you'd want to try is a Muffuletta = Muff-ah-lot-ah and Poor boy sandwiches (dressed). For the poor boys, I recommend shrimp or ersters (oysters). If soft shell crab is in-season, go for that. Don't be grossed out by it's looks. Very delicious!

Also, it's "crawfish" or "mudbugs" not "crawdads" or "crayfish".
Jenny
2010-03-18 14:04:01 UTC
ben-YAY.

ca-FAY a led

ca-FAY due mond (don't pronounce the E, but really make the D a D)

(that's the french pronounciation at least)

I've been there last summer, it was GREAT! <3
Ryan
2010-03-18 13:46:55 UTC
Ben is right except leave the "L" out. Your not drinking a baby cow lol