Question:
How do I stop people from ridiculing me?
2008-09-15 18:12:26 UTC
I am 15 male sophomore and short (4'2") ppl make fun of me. Help
Eight answers:
2008-09-15 18:20:38 UTC
Don't let it bother you. The only reason they pick on you is because they know it pushes your buttons. I knew a lot of short guys when I was 15 who ended up growing to be 6 foot + by the time they were 18.

Everyone is different and grows at different speeds. I'm sure in a couple of years you will be an average height.
2008-09-16 01:25:44 UTC
Firstly, I would ask you to politely tell them to leave you alone and remind them that they are not perfect either. Secondly, if they continue, tell them how awful it feels being ridiculed , how it hurts your feelings, maybe, if they continue at this time,you might want to point out some of their faults), Thirdly, and I hate to suggest this but I've been in HS too, find out some personal information about them and publicly embarrass THEM in front of any body's who listening, making fun of YOU. I obviously opt for the first suggestion, but High School was horrible back in my day, I can't imagine how worse it's gotten. Lastly, I would talk to you school counselor or VP, or Principle if it doesn't let up. This is so stupid!!!!!!!!!! But, you know this already. I'm sorry that your classmates are so immature, please don't give up. Stand your ground, it takes a lot of confidence to ask for help in these matters and since you're here, you seem to have that inner fight in you already, call upon it and stand up for yourself. God Bless you, Renee
AmericanAngel
2008-09-16 01:37:41 UTC
Tell them the BEST things come in Small packages.

People who pick on other only do so to make themselves feel better. So assume that everyone that picks on you has something about themselves that they don't like!!

Just like yourself for who you are and the world will to.
lexi
2008-09-16 01:21:34 UTC
How dare they! i happen to be a short one myself, all the girls are taller than me even. You just got to laugh along with it, its not that bad after a while. (for me at least) besides short guys can be hawt :P
2008-09-16 01:31:46 UTC
well you need to be brave and be a little sarcastic and think of what they say and give a sarcastic answer back ,most will back off if you do
flannelbutt
2008-09-16 01:23:50 UTC
Make them something wicked, delicious to eat!
2008-09-16 01:16:55 UTC
beat them to it. learn to laugh at yourself. self dreprecating humor has been a tremendous asset to me. no one can say anything about me that i haven't said myself. and people appreciate you having a sense of humor about your shortcomings.
Lind-Say
2008-09-16 01:15:08 UTC
tell them to leave you alone