Question:
How long can you leave a stick of butter out before it will go bad?
ladybug55552001
2007-10-01 11:33:23 UTC
If you leave a stick of butter out...how long can it stay unrefrigerated before it will go rancid or bad?
Six answers:
2007-10-01 13:01:24 UTC
Hello:

The longest that I have ever kept a stick of butter out is one week,because after that I will throw it out. I know that my grandmother kept her butter out on the kitchen table forever,but I would just rather be safe than sorry. I always go by the saying,"When in doubt,throw it out! ;-)
istrebitjel
2007-10-01 11:44:56 UTC
I don't think there is a definite answer: Butter going rancid depends on many factors, like room temperature and if you have you butter wrapped tightly, cause air speeds up the process.

The good thing: You will know for sure, once your butter turned rancid, because the smell is awful. According to the link below, the Wisconsin Dairy Council says "until the product is very rancid, the spoilage won't hurt you per se".
2017-01-03 02:31:31 UTC
properly i turn into born in 1976. So i exceptionally lots grew up interior the eighty's. As little ones than we did have a extra tech stuff than people who born in the past us. even with the indisputable fact that returned than we did flow out and purely play. television turn into very constrained. we did now not have cellular telephones or DVDS. i do now not think of tapes got here out until eventually center of the eighty's. Alot of those issues you reported i think of we did as little ones. Now, further and further little ones are staying at residing house and taking part in video games and don't get me began on how a number of them gown. great query.BTW i do undergo in recommendations announcing the the Pledge of Allegiance and no-one had a project with it. It turn into now not a controversy.
2007-10-01 11:43:42 UTC
a good 2 weeks. keep it in a butter dish in the cupboard.
Colts girl
2007-10-01 11:43:31 UTC
My grandma always had her butter out..we never got sick.But,I'm sure it was eaten within 2 weeks....
polarbearmom_2000
2007-10-01 11:39:25 UTC
at least a week under normal conditions-unless you notice mold or nasty odor