Question:
How long does it take to defrost a frozen chicken breast?
2007-09-07 09:21:48 UTC
Hi, I don't have a microwave so how long does it take to defrost a frozen chicken breast by leaving it out of the freezer?
Fourteen answers:
chris w
2007-09-07 09:26:51 UTC
http://missvickie.com/howto/meat/thawing.htm

Thawing the chicken in cold water is a faster method than thawing in the refrigerator, but the proper precautions must be taken when using this thawing method. Fill the sink with enough cold tap water to cover the chicken and place the wrapped chicken in the water. The water should be changed every 30 minutes. Do not use warm water, even though it will thaw the chicken faster, it will also cause the growth of bacteria. Do not use this sink for other purposes during thawing period and be sure the thawing water does not splash onto other preparation surfaces or food. Once the chicken is thawed, remove it from the sink and clean all utensils and surfaces affected during the thawing period with hot water and soap
bardin
2016-09-29 15:07:09 UTC
How Long To Defrost Chicken
2015-08-07 13:02:34 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

2016-03-26 04:18:04 UTC
At the cost of meat now adays it is senceless to listen to some peoples advice, I am a former chef, and we used to do it all the time, and sometimes it takes days to use them. It takes at least 2 days if sold frozen for them to become defrosted, and if sealed in the container or package, it would be fine, if you cook them properly to at least 160 degree to kill bacteria, they are fine, but not much longer, wash them off in warm water and a good handful of salt, then roast, Shake & Bake them or poach them for salad. If you frig is working fine and not being opened or had a recent power failure, they are fine for a day or 2.
shirley m
2007-09-07 11:35:39 UTC
Hi it will take a few hours to defrost,put it in cold water that will help.
eva
2015-03-05 02:01:31 UTC
When u put it out under the sun it will take around 1 hour or 1 ½ hour

and u can put it in the microwave tap defrost and select time
?
2016-03-28 10:20:50 UTC
For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/MJ6GK

I would pitch them so fast that they'd be smoking when they hit the garbage can. Uncooked chicken is salmonella heaven to begin with, and the longer it sits, the worse the bacteria build up is. What makes more sense -- paying five or six dollars to replace a package of chicken breasts or paying five or six thousand dollars for a hospital stay?
BlueSea
2007-09-07 09:35:15 UTC
Depending on if it is boneless/skinless or how you are cooking it you may not need it completely defrosted.

But, really, even if you had a microwave---those things are evil as far as defrosting goes. Don't ever do it!!!! Your meat will be ruined.
2007-09-07 09:28:18 UTC
one about an hour or more

I put mine in a bowl and pour cold water over it.

it defrosts in about 15-20 minutes or less
jonni_hayes
2007-09-07 09:26:38 UTC
if it is not a large breast it would defrost in the refrigerator in about 4/6 hours....but since you don't have a microwave....place it in some running cold water...it should defrost in about 10/15 minutes...maybe less
¸.•*´`*♥ slender slim ♥*´`*•.¸
2007-09-07 15:53:41 UTC
i say bout 3 hours x
2007-09-07 09:36:35 UTC
if you leave it on the counter top, or the sink about 6 hours, but in the refrigerator, sometimes the whole day.
Claire E
2007-09-07 11:33:06 UTC
normally about 4 hours...it depends if it is a warm day or not. Sometimes to speed it up i seal it in a plastic bag, then put it in a tub of warm water- my mum is a cook and she says it is ok to do this
2007-09-07 09:28:06 UTC
Put it in a ziptop bag and place it in a bowl full of hot water. It will take about 3 hours. Less, if the water is boiling.